We face many changes and challenges throughout the teenage years. Sometimes we need a little support to get things back on track. At Way Ahead Therapy we work with young people who are experiencing a range of issues.
These include anxiety, low mood and depression, low confidence and self-esteem, lack of motivation, anger, worry, drug or alcohol misuse, stress, or relationship difficulties.
Occupational Therapy can offer:
- Support with problems at school or college
- Development of skills to manage anxiety and worry
- Practice to enhance social and communication skills
- Help to develop confidence and reduce low self-esteem
- Support with learning independent living skills (e.g. money management, cooking, self-care, using public transport)
If you would like to discuss how Way Ahead Therapy can support you, contact us for a free informal consultation.
We also work with parents who want to find new ways to offer support and enhance relationships with their teenagers.